Ah, FOX. Home of The Simpsons, Family Guy, and enough sports to make your remote a sweaty mess. But in the age of streaming, where channels are traded for algorithms, the question looms: can you still get your FOX fix on Hulu Plus?
The answer, like a well-placed product placement on American Idol, is a bit nuanced. Here’s the lowdown for cord-cutters and channel surfers alike:
FOX on Hulu Plus:
- Live FOX? You betcha! If you subscribe to Hulu + Live TV, you’ll get access to FOX’s live programming, including primetime shows, sports (NFL, anyone?), and even your local FOX affiliate in most markets. Think of it like cable, but with fewer unwanted commercials for lawnmowers.
- New episodes, fast and furious. Most new FOX shows hit Hulu the day after they air, so you can still join the water cooler conversation without the cable bill.
- But wait, there’s more! Hulu’s on-demand library also boasts a treasure trove of classic and recent FOX shows, from Bob’s Burgers to 24. Binge-watching just got a whole lot more animated.
The catch (because there’s always a catch):
- Hulu + Live TV ain’t free. It’s a separate subscription from the basic Hulu plan, and it comes with a price tag comparable to a basic cable package. So, if you’re just looking for The Simpsons reruns, it might not be worth the splurge.
- Local FOX availability varies. While most markets get their local FOX fix through Hulu, some rural areas might be out of luck. Check Hulu’s channel lineup with your zip code to be sure.
- Blackouts happen. Depending on your location and programming, certain live FOX events (like NFL games) might be blacked out. This is the streaming equivalent of your grandma changing the channel during the Super Bowl halftime show.
So, is FOX on Hulu Plus? It depends on your budget, location, and TV-watching habits. If you’re a die-hard FOX fan who craves live sports and fresh episodes, Hulu + Live TV might be your streaming soulmate. But if you’re a casual viewer content with reruns, the basic Hulu plan might be all you need.
Ultimately, the decision is yours. Just remember, the only thing worse than missing your favorite FOX show is accidentally watching a reality show about competitive cheese rolling. Now that’s a channel nobody wants.