Deutsche Bank Park, Frankfurt, Germany
9:30 AM ET
TV: NFL Network
Live Stream: fuboTV
Odds: Chiefs -2, O/U 50 (via SportsLine consensus odds)
Keys to the Game
- Patrick Mahomes vs. Tua Tagovailoa: This is one of the most exciting quarterback matchups of the season, as two of the most talented young signal-callers in the NFL go head-to-head. Mahomes is the reigning Super Bowl MVP and one of the most dynamic players in the league, while Tagovailoa has taken a big step forward in his development this year. Both quarterbacks have a plethora of weapons at their disposal, so this should be a high-scoring affair.
- Kansas City Chiefs’ offensive line vs. Miami Dolphins’ pass rush: The Chiefs’ offensive line has been a major weakness this season, as they have allowed the ninth-most sacks in the NFL. The Dolphins’ pass rush has been inconsistent, but they are led by Emmanuel Ogbah, who has 6.5 sacks on the year. If the Dolphins can get pressure on Mahomes, it will make a big difference in the game.
- Miami Dolphins’ run defense vs. Kansas City Chiefs’ running game: The Dolphins have one of the best run defenses in the league, as they are allowing just 95.3 rushing yards per game. The Chiefs have a solid running game led by Clyde Edwards-Helaire, but they will need to find a way to get him going against the Dolphins’ stout front seven.
The Chiefs and Dolphins are both 6-2 teams entering this game, so it is a matchup of two of the top teams in the AFC. The Chiefs have the more explosive offense, but the Dolphins have a better defense. The key to the game for the Chiefs will be protecting Mahomes and giving him time to throw. If they can do that, they should be able to score enough points to win. The key to the game for the Dolphins will be getting pressure on Mahomes and making him uncomfortable. If they can do that, they will have a chance to win.
This is a tough game to pick, but I am giving the Chiefs a slight edge because of their experience and their offensive firepower.
Chiefs 31, Dolphins 27
- The Chiefs have the best offense in the NFL, averaging 32.3 points per game.
- The Dolphins have the best defense in the NFL, allowing just 18.7 points per game.
- The Chiefs are 4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Dolphins are 2-2 against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs are 11-5 in their last 16 games against the Dolphins.
I hope this expanded answer is helpful.