Clorox, a leading manufacturer of cleaning and household products, announced on Wednesday that it expects to post a loss in its first quarter due to a cyberattack that occurred in August. The attack disrupted the company’s operations and caused product outages, leading to a decline in sales.
In a statement, Clorox said that it expects net sales for the quarter to decline by 23% to 28% year-over-year. The company also expects to post a loss per share of between 35 cents and 75 cents, compared to a profit of 68 cents per share in the year-ago period.
Clorox said that it is still assessing the full impact of the cyberattack on its financial performance. The company said that it is making progress in restoring normal operations, but that it expects to experience ongoing impacts in the second quarter.
The cyberattack on Clorox is just one example of the growing threat of cybercrime to businesses of all sizes. Cybercriminals are constantly developing new and sophisticated methods of attack, and businesses need to be vigilant in protecting their systems and data.
Here are some tips for businesses on how to protect themselves from cyberattacks:
- Implement strong cybersecurity measures, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and anti-virus software.
- Keep your systems and software up to date with the latest security patches.
- Educate your employees about cybersecurity best practices, such as how to identify and avoid phishing emails.
- Have a plan in place for responding to a cyberattack.
If you are a consumer, you can also take steps to protect yourself from cyberattacks, such as:
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly.
- Be careful about what information you share online.
- Be wary of phishing emails and other scams.
- Keep your software up to date.
Cyberattacks can have a devastating impact on businesses and consumers alike. By taking steps to protect yourself, you can help reduce your risk of becoming a victim.