The holiday shopping season is a time for great deals, but it can also be a time for an overwhelming number of unwanted spam texts. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are particularly notorious for this, as retailers bombard shoppers with messages about their latest sales and promotions.
If you’re tired of being bombarded with these spam texts, there are a few things you can do to stop them. Here’s how to turn off Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale spam texts on your iPhone and Android phone:
- Open the Settings app and tap on Messages.
- Scroll down and tap on Filter Unknown Senders.
- Toggle the switch to the On position.
This will filter messages from unknown senders into their own folder, so you won’t see them in your main inbox. You can still check the folder if you want to see if there are any legitimate messages that you’ve missed, but you’ll be much less likely to be bothered by spam.
There are a few different ways to block spam texts on Android, depending on the version of Android you’re using and the messaging app you’re using. Here are a few general steps:
- Open the Messages app and tap on the More button (usually three dots in the upper-right corner).
- Select Settings or Message settings.
- Look for a menu option called Spam protection, Blocked numbers, or Call blocking.
- Enable spam protection or add the numbers of known spammers to your blocked list.
Your specific steps may vary depending on your device and messaging app, but this should give you a general idea of how to find the settings you need.
- Unsubscribe from mailing lists: Many retailers will also send you spam emails if you’ve subscribed to their mailing list. You can usually unsubscribe from these lists by clicking on a link at the bottom of the email.
- Be careful about what information you share online: The less personal information you share online, the less likely you are to be targeted by spammers.
- Use a third-party call-blocking app: If you’re still getting spam texts after you’ve tried the above steps, you can try using a third-party call-blocking app. These apps can block spam texts and calls from numbers that are known to be spammers.
By following these tips, you can significantly reduce the amount of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale spam texts that you receive. This will help you to enjoy the holiday shopping season without being constantly bombarded with unwanted messages.