Garmin has announced the expansion of its ECG App to four additional smartwatches: the epix Pro series, fēnix 7 Pro series, Venu 3 series, and tactix 7 – AMOLED Edition. The ECG App is an FDA-cleared app that allows users to record an electrocardiogram (ECG) and check for signs of atrial fibrillation (AFib) right from their smartwatch.
AFib is a type of irregular heartbeat that can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure, and other cardiovascular problems. Early detection and treatment of AFib is important, and the Garmin ECG App can help users identify potential signs of the condition.
To use the ECG App, users simply place their finger on the two top buttons of their smartwatch for 30 seconds. The app will then record an ECG and analyze it for signs of AFib. If the app detects any irregularities, it will notify the user and recommend that they see a doctor.
The ECG App is available now for the epix Pro series, fēnix 7 Pro series, Venu 3 series, and tactix 7 – AMOLED Edition smartwatches for customers in the United States. It requires the latest version of the Garmin Connect smartphone app and smartwatch software.
How to use the Garmin ECG App
To use the Garmin ECG App, follow these steps:
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone.
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the app.
- Tap “Health & Wellness.”
- Tap “ECG App.”
- Tap “Start Recording.”
- Place your finger on the two top buttons of your smartwatch for 30 seconds.
- The app will then record an ECG and analyze it for signs of AFib.
- If the app detects any irregularities, it will notify you and recommend that you see a doctor.
Benefits of using the Garmin ECG App
The Garmin ECG App offers a number of benefits, including:
- It is a convenient and easy way to record an ECG and check for signs of AFib.
- It is FDA-cleared, meaning that it has been tested and proven to be accurate.
- It is available on a variety of Garmin smartwatches, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- It is integrated with the Garmin Connect app, so you can track your ECG history and share it with your doctor.
The Garmin ECG App is a valuable tool for anyone who wants to monitor their heart health. It is easy to use, accurate, and integrated with the Garmin Connect app. If you have a Garmin smartwatch that supports the ECG App, I encourage you to try it out. It could help you identify potential signs of AFib early on, when treatment is most effective.